Sachar Dental NYC
Teeth cleaning and check-up FAQ's
How much is a dental cleaning in NYC?
At Sachar Dental NYC, our charge for a dental teeth cleaning is $180. Most PPO dental insurances cover this at 100%.
Is teeth cleaning good or bad?
Teeth cleaning is definitely good. It is important to have your teeth cleaned every 6 months to remove plaque and tarter to prevent tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease in the future.
How do dentists clean your teeth?
At Sachar Dental NYC, we use top-of-the-line ultrasonic cleaning tips to gently flush around the teeth and under the gums. At the end of every teeth cleaning, we polish the teeth to remove any stains.
Is a teeth cleaning painful?
Normally, a teeth cleaning it is not painful. If you have gone a long period of time without a cleaning, and your gums are inflamed, you may exhibit slight discomfort.
What does a dental exam cost?
At Sachar Dental NYC, a dental exam costs $200. This fee includes necessary x-rays. Most PPO dental insurances will cover this at 100%.
What does a dental checkup include?
At Sachar Dental NYC, a dental checkup includes:
- Evaluation for cavities, tooth decay and infections.
- Evaluation of gums and bone for periodontal disease.
- Evaluation of previously done dental work (ie. fillings, crowns).
- Oral cancer screen.
- TMJ evaluation.
- Cosmetic concerns
- Evaluate for any dental pain or other complaints.
How long does a dental checkup take?
At Sachar Dental NYC, a dental check-up can take 20-40 minutes depending on the complexity of problems.
What does the dentist do on your first visit?
At Sachar Dental NYC, pn your first visit our dentists will:
- Take and read x-rays.
- Address any dental concerns you may have.
- Perform a thorough dental clinical examination.
- Give a detailed explanation and thoroughly discuss the findings with you.
- Explain in plain English terminology the treatment and prevention plan.
What happens if you have not been to a dentist in years?
Many dental problems may not present with symptoms that you recognize. If you have not been to the dentist in years, we always encourage you to come in for a complete evaluation in order to address problems before they get too extensive.