Schedule online now - appointments available.
SAME Day / emergency appointments available. Call (212) 752-1163
Porcelain veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Porcelain dental veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in treating many dental conditions.
As with most dental restorations, dental veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth.
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
Getting veneers usually requires two visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure. The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and the dentist.
On the second visit to Sachar Dental the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to achieve a durable bond. Bonding cement is then placed between the tooth and veneer and a special light beam is used to harden and set the bond.
You will receive care instructions for you new dental veneers. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new veneers.
Types of Porcelain Veneers
There are many different types of porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are far from generic – they are customized to suit every patient’s individual needs. There are also several types of veneers available to suit your level of comfort with cosmetic dentistry procedures when it comes to how long you’ll be sitting in the dentist’s chair and how much you’ll be paying.
Common Types of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are available from a number of different manufacturers and are made of various compositions of materials. Your Manhattan dentist of choice typically has their favorite brands to work with because they consider the materials superior and appropriate for their veneer patients. Knowing what kind of porcelain veneer options are available before you meet with your cosmetic dentist, however, can help you have an informed discussion about the option that is best for your new smile.
Here are just some of the porcelain veneer possibilities that you may discuss with your Midtown cosmetic dentist:
- Porcelain Veneers: The most popular type of veneer, porcelain veneers are long-lasting, durable, and attractive. The strength and aesthetics of porcelain veneers make them one of the most desirable cosmetic dentistry options. The veneers are carefully created and molded to suit each patient’s individual needs and complement their appearance with a natural-looking translucency, color, and shape so that they look like natural teeth.
- Lumineers: When you want an amazing-looking smile that offers the same benefits as porcelain veneers but you are hoping for a less-invasive procedure, ask your Midtown dentist about Lumineers. Even thinner than porcelain veneers, Lumineers have a contact-lens thickness that is just as strong if not stronger than veneers. They are long-lasting, resistant to stains, and the teeth do not have to be extensively prepped for the bonding of the Lumineers.
- Resin Veneers: Very similar to porcelain veneers, resin veneers are a close alternative to porcelain veneers. Made using a composite resin, much like the material used for tooth-colored fillings, resin veneers fit into some patients’ budgets and time frame more comfortably.
- Chairside Veneers: Also known as “veneers in a day,” chairside veneers are crafted in your dentist’s office while you wait. Much like bonding, chairside veneers are able to transform a person’s smile almost instantly.
Choose the Right Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist for Your Porcelain Veneers
The creation and application of porcelain veneers is intricate work, and you want to select a Manhattan cosmetic dentist who has a great deal of experience and expertise in the sculpting and application of veneers. It takes great precision, practice, and knowledge to apply porcelain veneers so that they accurately and comfortably fit over a person’s natural teeth for total comfort and a natural look.
An important part of the porcelain veneer procedure is prepping the natural teeth for the bonding of the veneers, which often requires the removal of a very thin layer of enamel. This element of the porcelain veneer cosmetic dentistry treatment also requires a practiced, meticulous hand so the veneers look just right when put in place.
Learn more about the type of porcelain veneers that are right for your smile. Make your appointment with Manhattan cosmetic dentists Dr. Sandip Sachar or Dr. Kathering Wong for your cosmetic dentistry consultation.
Cost of Porcelain Veneers
Its important to know the cost of porcelain veneers. An investment in cosmetic dentistry is an investment in your appearance, confidence, and self-worth. With porcelain veneers you can reinvigorate your look, supercharge your resume, and make yourself more attractive to potential love matches. Plus, you’ll simply feel better about yourself when you know your teeth and smile look good, a fact that serves as an advantage in all areas of your life.
The Versatility of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers usually live at the higher end of the cost spectrum when it comes to cosmetic dentistry treatments. Keep in mind that while veneers may “only” be one procedure, they are able to correct a host of undesirable dental issues at one time, from discoloration to chips and cracks, from misalignment to short teeth. Opting for veneers can make you look younger, smarter, healthier, wealthier, and happier all at once.
Factors That Impact the Cost of Porcelain Veneers
The Manhattan cosmetic dentist you choose to complete your porcelain veneer procedure will make all the difference in the final outcome of your smile makeover. It takes years of experience to hone the fine skills and artistry required to customize veneers to every patient’s unique needs. Color, shape, size, and translucency must all be taken into account, and your Midtown dentist’s level of expertise will impact just how good and how natural your smile looks. Don’t hesitate to ask your dentist about their level of experience in placing veneers.
Typically, porcelain veneers cost between $1,500 and $2,500 per tooth, but the price could be higher or lower depending on a variety of factors, including:
- The experience of the dentist performing the porcelain veneers procedure
- The number of porcelain veneers your receive
- The material used to construct your porcelain veneers
- Whether your veneers are created on-site or at an off-site dental lab
- Your geographic area
- Your dentist’s level of skill and expertise.
Why Porcelain Veneers Are Worth the Price
A porcelain veneer can last for 15 years or longer, especially if you take good care of your teeth and veneers by flossing daily, brushing twice a day, and keeping up with twice annual visits to your dentist. Veneers are customized to suit each patient and continually provide dividends on your investment by being:
- Durable: Porcelain veneers are constructed of durable, strong ceramic. The forces exerted on your teeth while biting, chewing, and speaking will not harm your veneers.
- Stain resistant: One of the biggest complaints when it comes to teeth is discoloration. Whether your tooth stains were caused by nicotine, high-staining foods, or a love for coffee or cola, porcelain veneers can cover up any yellow and brown. Plus, veneers are resistant to new stains. White smile forever!
- Versatile: Whatever your smile complaints, porcelain veneers can help fix them, from cracks to gaps to oddly shaped teeth. You don’t have to get several cosmetic dentistry treatments at once – porcelain veneers corrects all the problems at one time.
- Natural: When done carefully and with the practiced hand of a trained, experienced cosmetic dentist, porcelain veneers will look like natural teeth in size, shape, color, and translucency. No one ever needs to know you weren’t born with a perfect smile.
Making Porcelain Veneers Affordable
Because they are typically considered an elective cosmetic dentistry treatment, porcelain veneers are not always covered by dental insurance. That does not mean, however, that you will be unable to enjoy the benefits of this procedure. Various financing options are available through our Midtown dental office so that you can afford porcelain veneers, including:
- Care Credit
- American Express
- Lending Club
Care Credit in particular comes with a fixed low annual interest rate without fees or prepayment penalties and can be paid in flexible monthly installments. Discounts are offered for payments that are made prior to service. At our Manhattan cosmetic dentist practice, it’s our goal to suit your budget and financial needs so that you can choose from various ways to pay for your dental treatments.
Say Yes to Manhattam Porcelain Veneers
Make your appointment with Manhattan dentist Dr. Sandip Sachar or Dr. Katherine Wong to discuss your eligibility and cost of porcelain veneers and to get an accurate estimate of what this treatment would cost for your smile.
Porcelain Veneers FAQ
Veneers are popular and you can see them on a great majority of celebrities, but you may still have questions about this cosmetic dentistry treatment. Versatile, durable, and utterly transforming – in a great way – porcelain veneers are able to correct a number of cosmetic complaints at one time while giving you a beautiful new white smile.
What problems do porcelain veneers fix?
If only there were one dentistry treatment that could correct all the cosmetic issues you have at one time. Guess what? There is – porcelain veneers are able to fix:
- Misshapen teeth
- Short teeth
- Superficial cracks
- Uneven teeth
- Worn teeth
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Because veneers are so versatile, the benefits are many, but there are plenty of other perks that make this cosmetic dentistry treatment so popular:
- Functional: No matter what kind of procedures you have done to your teeth, it’s critical that they function properly. Porcelain veneers look and feel natural so that you can chew, eat, and speak comfortably.
- Durable: Porcelain veneers are contact-lens thin, but they are also incredibly strong so that they are resistant to chips and breaks. Veneers can strengthen your natural teeth while enhancing your smile.
- Long–lasting: Porcelain veneers can last for over 15 years if you take care of them and keep up with appointments for your twice yearly dental exams and cleanings.
- Versatile: Porcelain veneers are so incredibly versatile they are able to correct multiple aesthetic complaints at one time to create a stunning new smile.
- Look younger: Any cosmetic dentistry treatment that transforms your look so completely as porcelain veneers also has the ability to make you look younger. The veneers themselves will help plump your lips a bit and eliminate a few fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, while the white smile on your face will make you look happier and healthier.
What are porcelain veneers made of?
Porcelain veneers are made with an incredibly thin ceramic and are customized to fit over the front of your teeth. When you use the highest quality porcelain, the teeth are carefully shaded so that they echo the color of your real tooth enamel and look completely natural. This element of the veneers is very important – you want the dental porcelain to react to light just like healthy tooth enamel so that they look like real teeth and not a cosmetic enhancement.
How long does it take to get porcelain veneers?
In most cases, you will need two visits to the dentist to complete your porcelain veneers treatment. The prep appointment and the application appointment. While this may seem like an inconvenience, the treatment is actually done rather quickly, especially if you’re seeking a straight smile. For example, Invisalign is amazing and it will give you the straight smile you want too, but it takes months to complete. Veneers not only straighten your smile, they whiten, brighten, lengthen, and perfect it.
How does the dentist apply porcelain veneers?
First, an impression will be taken of your teeth so that a mold can be created. This allows both you and the dentist to envision what your smile will look like once the veneers have been put in place. A dental lab then creates customized porcelain veneers for your smile and, after a few weeks, you will return to your Manhattan cosmetic dentist to have the veneers bonded in place.
Before anything permanent occurs, however, your dentist will ensure that you are happy with the size, shape, color, and translucency of your veneers. Once it has been confirmed that the veneers look just right, they will be bonded to the front surface of each tooth using tooth-colored cement. Some teeth must undergo a prep treatment in order to be in the right condition for the veneers to be placed – this can include light sanding and a dental cleaning.
When the veneers have been applied to your teeth, they are shaped and adjusted so that they are complementary to your features. Once you are happy with the appearance of the veneers, your dentist will harden the cement and permanently bond the veneers to your teeth, then make sure your bite is comfortable and your teeth function properly.
Is it hard to clean porcelain veneers?
Veneers should be brushed and flossed just like your natural teeth once they are securely bonded in place. Doing this daily will ensure that your veneers stay healthy and clean. There is no special cleaning product and no particular cleaning tools needed to keep your veneers looking good. But do be sure to keep your twice annual dental appointments for a professional cleaning and exam.
Want to know more about porcelain veneers?
Make an appointment with Manhattan cosmetic dentist Dr. Sandip Sachar or Dr. Katherine Wong at Sachar Dental in Midtown to get the answers to all of your questions about porcelain veneers. Find out if this cosmetic dentistry treatment is the right solution for you.